Summer in San Diego
Posted by Carly Anderson on Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 10:46:53 AM By Carly Anderson / June 7, 2023 Comment
We all know that summer is one of the best times to list your home. The days are longer, the weather is warmer and people become more active. This summer will continue to be a strong market for sellers, due to an under supply of homes. If you're hoping to make a move over the next few months reach out, the sooner you get the ball moving the sooner you can relax and enjoy everything sunny San Diego has to offer!
If you're not planning a move, but still lucky enough to live in America's Finest City, keep reading! We've pieced together some of the best activities for you and the family this summer. Outside of the beautiful beaches and (sunny) weather, San Diego offers and endless supply of concerts, sporting events, family friendly outdoor activities and lux wellness retreats.
Fun For The Entire Family
- Concerts/ Movies in the park: Throughout San Diego you can find FREE concerts and movies in the local parks. In North County San Diego, Carlsbad & Oceanside offer Free concerts throughout summer. Oceanside also does movies at the pier, while Carlsbad offers Flicks at the Fountain.
- San Diego County Fair: The fair runs June 7- July 4th and has ton of fun for kids and adults. This years performances include Kevin Hart, Elle King and Randy Houser.
- Switchfoot Bro Am: June 17th Located in Encinitas, this event features an awesome surf competition and free concerts on the sand at Moonlight Beach in Encinitas, while raising money for local community and youth programs.
- USA Surf Championships: June 13th -17th Oceanside North Jetty
- Night Time at The Zoo: June- Labor Day. Stay after dark and celebrate summer with live music and other amazing entertainment experiences.
- Del Mar Racetrack: Starting July 21 and running to Sept 10th, the Thoroughbred Club hopes to have a repeat of the 2022 season, the most lucrative on record, with purses over $20 Million.
Fun For The Adults
- Golf: San Diego's North County Coastal and Inland regions are a paradise for golfers. Graced by cooling breezes from the Pacific Ocean, the Arnold Palmer-designed Park Hyatt Aviara and Tom Fazio-designed Fairmont Grand Del Mar golf courses are a must this summer.
- Top of the Hyatt: Over the top 4th of July celebration. Get a premium view of multiple fireworks shows. Tickets are required for the 21+ experience.
- Swim with Sharks: Every Summer La Jolla is host to thousands of harmless leopard sharks. Paddle out, or snorkel alongside them for an awesome summer experience.
- San Diego Beer Weekend: June 9-11 San Diego Independent Craft Breweries are inviting you to sip local. Celebrate by visiting a participating small craft brewery!
- Best of North County Party: This 21+ event brings together the top restaurants, breweries, distilleries, businesses and more. You can find over 50 of these vendors at the Carlsbad Flower Field June 23rd!